Sunday 31 January 2016

Ready for the off.

So long Chesterfield

This was the pre-storm sky in Chesterfield whilst I was rushing around for: printer ink, face cream and a polarising filter. Got to the camera shop to be told that if I want to take decent pictures, I should buy the expensive polariser. Choices were: £42, £75 and £125. Bearing in mind that this is a circular piece of glass 77mm in diameter. Obviously I bought the cheapest one. Got home and found another one.... So now I have 2 cheap ones. 


Had the amazing idea of putting a red square on my case so I'd recognise it when it comes through at the other end. Steve thinks I'm sad. 


Packed and repacked everything 4 times. Took out red electrical tape, a few jumpers, sketchbooks, socks, sat on the case and managed to get it shut - while steve modelled my Iceland hat....

Finally got the hand luggage sorted. Got stressed looking for the travel and camera insurance, dropped camera from a great height. Good news though. It landed on something softer than the hard floor. 

Bad news - it was my foot. 


Can only wear big floppy slippers. Doesn't bode well for tomorrow....

I think Steve, Matthew and the dog will breathe a sigh of relief tomorrow when I'm gone!

I might get a quick update in from Birmingham tomorrow but otherwise, see you in Iceland!!!!

Bye Derbyshire - for a while...







No comments:

Post a Comment