Wednesday 24 February 2016

Happy Birthday Mam 24.2.1924 - 6.6.1994

I know it's a very long time ago that she died, but I can honestly say there's not a day goes by without me thinking about my mam. She wasn't perfect, no-one is, but she taught us four a lot about life, doing things properly (all the grand children probably suffer from this as we parents criticise their house cleaning efforts....), how not to be 'common', how to treat people and how to be compassionate. Parents are a massive influence, whether you want them to be or not. I am very grateful for mine and how I have some but not all of their characteristics. I wish my kids could have met her and my dad, but hopefully they 'get' something about them through me, Linda Elaine and John. I can't stop thinking about her today, so this blog is in memory and I have chosen images that I think she would like.

I am gearing up for the open house and another exhibition over the next two days and then off travelling before flying home on Tuesday morning. I promised photos, so here is a selection - dedicated to the memory of our brilliant mam.















For some reason, the photographs are not showing properly on may phone, but perfectly on the computer. Choose your viewing point! 

I haven't only been taking photographs of the sea, promise, but I have had some fantastic walks on these beaches and lots of thinking time. So, not too many words today, but lots of thoughts for people living and not, loved and cared for. 

I hope Wednesday has been a good one.

Love,

Aly x




1 comment:

  1. Very poignant entry re: your mum Alyson... emotionally stirring... met her a couple of times... lovely warm lady... I have been remembering loved ones gone as well this month. As you say a long time ago and yet only yesterday... Bless 'em all.

    Latest photos well up to standard... can't wait to get the full show at The Cromwell Gallery!... Your -5 selfie shows you are fully assimilated into the strong outdoorsy yet beautiful deep Nordic soulful style of presentation! You do good snood! I suspect you are a changed woman!

    Get more aurora pics too... you could get rich doing wall-size murals!

    Finally...BROOOOOOOOOOOCE! We are off to Manchester AND Coventry!!! Didn't we do well?!?
    ..." We can't walk away... from the price you pay"... ooooh and I've got a Hungry Heart!
    xxx Tommy J. xxx

    ReplyDelete