Friday 22 January 2016

9 days to go.....

I thought you might like to see where I will be for the next month.
The residency is way up north away from the crowds(?) of Reykjavik, in a village of around 500 people - Skagastrond. 

There is a bar, restaurant, school, old people's home and a cowboy club..... I read somewhere that it's so windy that the school kids are taught to crawl home in case they get blown away. I will confirm whether this is an urban myth or is indeed, true once I'm there!


I do wonder if the buildings are single story because of the high winds... seems plausible.

I am desperately trying to learn a few Icelandic words and am getting nowhere. I just can't seem to remember them as they are totally non phonetic. Plus I am appalling with languages..... 

Today, I will attempt to get everything in one place so I can see the pile of stuff I'm anticipating taking with me. I expect this will be cut by at least half before next Monday.

Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment